Saturday, November 7, 2009

My New Honda City's first 1000 KM service

The other week I had my left passenger's door fixed for its dent and chipped paint. It was a sad day for me but it was fixed the following day by a workshop next to Kah Motor Service Centre at Sungai Pinang. The repair was well done! Last 3 days, I'd just sent my City to its first service. Free!

9:00 AM - Prepared myself for the first service. Dressed up in a black T-shirt and a blue jeans and headed off to Kah Motor.

9: 25 AM - Reached Kah Motor Service Centre and had the slightest idea where to park my car. The location was small and had many cars parked along the road. The lane beside the service centre was very narrow. I had to double park (editor : don't wory, I don't do that at all) and went in to check out where their customers park their car to service. One skinny Malay old man with white moustache and a Chinese mechanic told me that I can park at this green slot. So I had to reverse and drove into the centre. Okay, that was done.

9:35 AM - Walked into the service reception area, greeted by a Chinese lady and I told her that my appointment was now. She had my car number ticked off and told me to proceed to another counter to have my particulars entered into their system. Sat behind the registration counter, a Malay guy attended to my  registration. He took my red Honda service booklet, looked throught and registered accordingly in the booklet and asked if there is problem with my new car. I told him that driver side's wing mirror's lining had one spot melted off. So he went out to check it. Oh, it was just some glue from the factory that had gone off. He told me nothing serious and not to worry about it. So he cleaned out the wing mirror for me. ;)

9:40 AM - After that, he told me to wait at customer lounge while the car will be inspected by a Honda mechanic. So I headed towards their Customer Lounge. There are coffee machine, a water dispenser and on one table stood a nice set of china to serve tea for customers around the corner. I wonder who will be using those sets of china to serve tea? Perhaps, potential customers gets to have a sip of tea while disccusing the price over a Civic or Accord. On second thought, old and fat potential customers like those Chinese towkays! Hehehe...

9:45 AM - A young girl dressed like going to club walked in with a large lookalike LV bag, wore a black sun glasses, a fairly beige sandals and held an Iphone. Furthermore, she had black colored finger nails and had flowery stickers on her toe nails. Take a guess, she drove a Honda Accord! She must be someone else's filthy rich man's daughter. She sat in front of me before her turn to register her car for servicing. She smells heavy of perfume too! Then came another man dressed very smartly, one hand held a phone, sun glasses on top and walked in talking to his bluetooth earphone. Must be a businessman. The young girl had finished her registration, now walked around before deciding to sit two seats to my left.

10:00 AM - She kept playing with her Iphone and once in a while heads up to look around or stared next to a huge mirror to make her hair. Then a few minutes went by, she crossed her legs and I can tell you, she attracted alot of attention, who came in to the service centre. Mechanics, service agents and sales agents turned their heads too. After a while, her Iphone rang, answered, looked out and waved to someone behind me. Thereafter, she left the service centre. My day just grew bored with the young girl gone. (Psst.. don't tell Mrs William!)

10:15 AM - Bored less I thought no more when one auntie (tai tai) walked in to have her car service. She had her hair permed and colored light brown. Gold rings all over her fingers and had a flashy handbag. Walked with click-clacking sound emitted from her medium heels shoe. She spoke with mix Hokkien and Malay to Honda service agents. The Malay guy kept nodding his head (oh yes, the whole island knows Hokkien except me!). Followed behind her, one tall Chinese guy dressed with a fairly shiny white low collared shirt and a black slacks. Not to mentioned his very glossy black leather shoe that I kept wondering what brand of shoe polisher he used to keep that shining continuously. Under his left arm, a huge leather black purse like those Ah Longs used to keep their big wad of cash, held tightly underneath it. Moreover, he had the similar action with the first Chinese man I saw earlier talking to his phone. Oh, he had a big gold ring too! So, all Honda car owners are very filthy rich and classy people?! In contrast to them, I think my image is very modest. Perhaps, too modest!

10:20 AM - A father and son walked in (which, several days later, I saw him again in Penang airport, that's another story) and had the service agent to repeatedly told the father to be seated before being served after he had finished with another Chinese uncle. The Chinese uncle despite driving a Civic he wore casually differently from others I had observed earlier. Around this time, an old uncle dressed in white and grey pants walked in and started to make his tie. I think this is supervisory sales person because he ordered his henchmen (sales agents) to get things prepared for the day. One fat sales agent went to prepare the set of china for tea. So this set of china is prepared by Honda sales agent!

10: 25 AM - I saw my car drove to the front of the service centre. Alright, they had finally finished checking my car. The auntie (tai tai) suddenly went up to the counter and asked if her car is ready. The Malay service agent told her to wait as it is not ready yet. She went back mumbling something in Hokkien. No idea what she said. I waited for another 10 minutes and there was still no sign of me getting my car keys. I asked the same Malay guy and was told my car key is still under inspection. My car key needs to be inspected?!

10:35 AM - Finally, another Malay guy came out, holding a few documents and a car key. Yes, that is my car key! I recognized it because it has an SAP key holder attached to it. Hehehe... I proceeded to the cashier to sign off. No free gifts for my first service? Hmmm... Yes Eric, I did not get any free gifts from Kah Motor Honda Service Centre.

10:40 AM - Checked around my car for scratches as Eric had told me that my car will have some fine scratches after first service. I found none and got in and drove towards Penang's Main Post Office to get my Public Bank Loan Agreement for this car. Had a tough time finding an available parking near the Jetty and surrounding the Post Office. I had to drove over two rounds before finding one near the Swettenham's entrance and RAN towards the post office. I ran because I did not put coins into the meter! ;P

11:00 AM - I got my package! It was still early so I drove towards home to have lunch before returning back to office.

One thing I learned from my encounter in Honda Service Centre is to dress with style to drive your Honda City.

By the way, if one is going home early for lunch, please, please, please call up your wife first and check if she is still at home. This is because you might need to tapao lunch for her too. I didn't do that and got caught with one pack of chap fan in hand entering my condo! Sob... sob... sob...

williamwilstroth... dress with style please...

No comments :