Monday, July 14, 2008

Oil, Rice and is up and going up...

I had been staying in Penang for more than six months now. To be honest, I am very lucky that I am working in Penang because of a few things.

First, I do not have to pay tolls everytime I need to go shopping in KL. Last time, I lived in Damansara and my first toll is the LDP (Lebuhraya Damansara-Puchong) if I need to go to 1 Utama, The Curve, GSC Cineleisure, Ikea, and Ikano. Hell, if I need to go to Kelana Jaya or SS2 for food.

Second, I do not have to pay tolls everytime I am going to work in Phileo Damansara. Or being assign to projects in far far away location which requires me to pass many tolls. Am I being paid to pay tolls if I am working in KL? This question, I am sure is in everyone's mind. There's too many tolls to pay just to get from one place to another place.

Third, I do not have to pay exorbitantly highly charge parking spots in KL. The minimal parking fee can be as low as RM4 and it may go as high as RM10. Worse, RM2 per hour! Parking and toll add together that for a day, your wallet should be thick enough to go through it. What's more for someone who earns less or earning a meagre salary.

Fourth, I do not have to wait up for hours in traffic jams especially in KL and PJ. It gets worse if its either rains heavily or motor accidents. Apart from these two contributors, I particularly fretted when the LDP highway gets clogged up for no apparent reasons. Yes, the highway is straight but somehow, it is always clogged up. Cars driving tail to tail and crawling slowly to their destinations.

Fifth, I am happy I am in Penang. I do not have to pay toll to do shopping. I do not have to pay for a parking to get to my office. I do not have to get stuck in a terrifying jam. As a result, I reach home in time for dinner (less gastric pain) and I get to spend time with my wife. Though parking fee is claimable but I don't see a point why I need to pay so much and then wait for the claim to come by next month. I think paying a hefty parking fee just to work in office is a waste of money.

So, in one big word, I am glad that I am in Penang because the recent petrol price increase and several groceries items price hike. Oh boy, cari makan is getting difficult nowadays.

william wilstroth... pay... pay... pay... salary still low!

No comments :