Monday, September 14, 2009

Aren't you from Ipoh?

My out of synch Cantonese, if not at times then probably most of the time, after I started living in Penang. Here's a conversation about my cousin sister coming back from Arab.

Mrs William : Ah Teng coming back on the 15th October right?
Mee Fung : Yes...

Mr William : How long will she stay before returning to Arab?
Mee Fung : Sam kor singh kei...

Mr William : Sam kor lei pai?
Mee Fung : Yeah lar... singh kei and lei pai... weeks lar...

Mr William : yes yes... sorry my cantonese screwed up again...
Mee Fung : Eh... aren't you from Ipoh...

Mr William : I am from Ipoh but it doesn't mean I speak good cantonese... ;P
Mee Fung : -_-"

I am from Ipoh but that meant doesn't I am good in speaking cantonese. Nah, my language processor has slowed down. Just like what trainer taught us the other day, "After 5pm, my brain shut down". So maybe, at night my Cantonese shuts off one of its language libraries.

williamwilstroth... sam kor singh kei mei sam kor lei pai lor...

No comments :