Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Labuan's Kolo Mee By Ah Teck...

Labuan is where my wife grew up and left after she got an offer from Adventist Hospital to be a nurse. Since I married her in 2007 I have been visiting Labuan every end of the year. Recently I went back to Labuan for a visit. Things a bit different now for us since my late mother in law passed away last year around March. However, there is something my wife and me still look up to when we go back to Labuan. Among many other things is kolo mee. Kolo mee is a plate of thin yellow noodles (using wan tan mein) blanched with Ah Teck's recipe of soy sauce and served with thin slices of pork and garnished with chopped onions. 

There are a few types of kolo mee at our eastern side of Malaysia especially in Sarawak. You can get green kolo mee and red kolo mee. I think there are more colors in Sarawak. Anyway, this is one dish of noodles I will look forward if I go back to Labuan. I even had my bro-in-law tapao 2 packs of kolo mee back to West Malaysia. I wish I could eat it in Air Asia. Kolo Mee in the air, who knows?!




 Yup, tapao 2 kolo mee and fly back to West Malaysia


williamwilstroth... kolo mee from Labuan

No comments :